Skip to main content

Kills Germs Brushing Misses

Teeth only represent 25% of the mouth. So what about the other 75%?

Kills germs brushing misses

Germs can be nasty little things. They get everywhere – on your tongue, gums and even on the roof of your mouth. Left to their own devices, they can develop into plaque. Your teeth only make up 25% of your mouth, so no matter how well you brush and floss, you simply won't reach all the germs in your mouth.

That’s where LISTERINE® comes to the rescue. LISTERINE® has the power to reach the whole mouth, and cleans deeper into those hard-to-reach places than brushing and flossing alone.

LISTERINE® has a unique formula of essential oils which:

Kills germs left behind after brushing and flossing.
Kills bacteria in the plaque biofilm– a very thin layer of microscopic organisms that covers the surface of the inside of your mouth.
Provides long lasting fresh breath.

Going beyond brushing

Brushing, flossing and using LISTERINE® twice a day reduces plaque by a massive 52% more than brushing and flossing alone. LISTERINE® formulated with 4 essential oils is also proven to penetrate deep into the plaque biofilm.

The science bit

Plaque biofilm – dental plaque – is the main cause of gum disease. Plaque formation begins immediately after brushing. LISTERINE® has broad antibacterial effects against a wide range of species of germs - killing them by disrupting their cell walls and inhibiting their ability to multiply.